sessiond is a standalone X session manager that reports the idle status of a graphical session to systemd-logind. It can be used alongside a window manager or desktop environment that does not provide its own session management.
- automatic screen locking on session idle and before sleeping
- automatic backlight dimming on session idle
- systemd targets activated by systemd-logind’s lock, unlock, sleep, and shutdown signals
- hooks triggered by inactivity or signals
- a DBus service
- (optional) management of DPMS settings